Women's Competition Wear
We can help you put together a winning competition outfit from this season’s must-have competition clothing.
Hot summer months mean every competitor will be looking for that light and airy show shirt. Many brands such as Ariat, Holland Cooper and Shires have all designed show shirts with breathable mesh panels to help you cool.
For those still out competing during the winter months you know how important show shirts with long sleeves are to keep you warm. Along with a slightly thicker show jacket all designed to wick away moisture so you won’t be cold.
Many show jackets are now made with lightweight and stretchable fabric to help increase your range of movement compared to the thicker traditional competition jacket. If you are looking for a water repellant and breathable show jacket then Dublin’s tailored competition jacket will be your perfect purchase.
EqueTech offer the most beautiful range of traditional tweed jackets and Ariat have gone above and beyond with its range of stylish yet technical show jackets. Pikeur and Cavallo’s range of tailcoats will not disappoint when you are looking for the most flattering appearance in the dressage arena.
Pair a show jacket with white or tan breeches and you will definitely be drawing attention. Breeches or tights, high rise or low rise, knee patch or full seat we can match you up with your perfect breech to help you look incredible and feel comfortable in the saddle.
Lastly, finish off your look with a stock and pin, and a show-stopping belt. Fairfax and Favor have the most gorgeous suede ladies’ belts, Holland Cooper has a classic slim leather belt with their iconic logo on the buckle, and Pampeano polo belts have a great choice of colours.
NEW IN FROM ARIAT
This season Ariat have updated the Tri Factor X to the Tri Factor X Bellatrix full seat breech. The update now includes smart technology, with durable and compressive fabric which lends flexibility and balance to mirror your ride.
- Moisture Movement Technology™ wicks away moisture from the skin
- Calf Fit System (CFS™) alleviates pressure points and friction
- Core Control Technology™ provides slimming support
- Ariat® Hex Silicone Grip full seat for optimal grip in the saddle
your favourite brands
For competitors who are Eventing and are over the age of 18 (Competing at Intermediate level and below) the following dress code is required under the British Eventing rules:
Dressage and Show Jumping Phase
- Show Jackets can be worn in any single conservative colour in muted tones and show jackets which have coloured collars and contrasting piping to collar, pockets and vents are also permitted. Tweed jackets which aren’t brightly coloured or have loud patterns are also allowed. No Show jacket can be worn as long as a suitable show shirt outlined below is worn.
- Long or short-sleeved show shirts which fasten at the neck may be worn in white, cream or of a conservative/muted tone, it cannot be bright or multi-coloured.
- White, buff or fawn breeches
- Tie, American collar or correctly fastened stock
- Plain black tall riding boots, topped long boots or full grain smooth black leather gaiters with matching boots
- Riding hat with correct standard (Please see competition details for more info)
- Number Bib
Cross Country Phase
- Base layer or top (Long sleeves are recommended)
- long riding boots or full-grain smooth leather gaiters with matching boots
- White, buff or fawn breeches
- Riding Skull Hat (No peaks) with correct standard (Please see competition details for more info)
- Body Protector (Please see competition detail for more info)
- Number Bib
For more information please see the rules of the competition you have entered or the British Eventing handbook.
Most unaffiliated events will be more lenient with the dress code but if you follow British Dressage competitor dress you won’t go far wrong.
- Show Jackets may be in any conservative colour. Jackets must be worn in all Championship, Regional, Premier League and High Profile classes.
- Show Shirts can be long or short sleeved which fasten at the neck
with a tie, white round collar or correctly fasted stock in any solid colour.
- Breeches or jodhpurs must be in plain white, cream, beige or canary yellow.
- Riding Boots should be conventional boots designed for riding or short boots with gaitors or half chaps the same colour as the boot.
- Riding hat which meets the correct standard
- Gloves are mandatory in all BD competitions but can be any colour.
More information on British Dressage tack and equipment can be found here
Show Shirts – Shirts may have long or short sleeves and must have a white collar; long-sleeved shirts must have white cuffs. Ladies may wear shirts with high white collars without a stock. Coloured ties or stocks may be worn with hacking jackets. Shirts must be properly done up at all times
Breeches – Approved colours are white, pale yellow or fawn.
Riding Boots – Must be black or brown including traditional riding boots, leather jodhpur boots with plain black or brown leather “gaiters.”
More information can be found in the British Showjumping handbook