Ladies Schoffel Gilets
Ladies Schoffel gilets are an all-year-round favourite and an essential item in every country wardrobe.
One of the main reasons for gilets being so popular is due to the unpredictable British weather! The gilet is such a versatile piece of clothing as it can be worn over a shirt, blouse or t-shirt, throughout the warmer months. During the colder months, you will most likely find it being worn under a coat or jacket to provide additional warmth.
The Lyndon is Schöffel’s best-selling ladies’ country fleece gilet. With an adjustable cord at the waist, this adds a feminine and flattering fit. Finished with an Alcantara trim detail and Schoffel embroidery, this gilet is a super alternative to a tweed gilet.
Schoffel Lyndon Gilet
The Schoffel Lyndon Fleece is the ‘must have’ country gilet, available in a wide range of colours.
Its iconic style features two zip-secure pockets, a half drawcord waist for a cinched fit and Schöffel signature trimming.
Suitable for a range of country pursuits all year round, thanks to the insulating properties of fleece and the option to wear either as an outer layer or under a coat.buy now
Get the look
Frequently asked questions
Most Schoffel gilets are machine washable.
Individual care instructions can be found on the label inside the garment.
Schoffel’s premium fleece gilets deserve the correct care in order for it to last a long time. They can be machine washable at max 40 degrees, and it is best to avoid the tumble drier, to protect the Alcantara trim.
Merino Wool Gilets
Merino wool should be washed on a delicate machine wash with similar colours, at no more than 40 degrees. Merino wool likes to be stored flat, to help retain its shape.
- Do not tumble dry when washing merino wool, as this may cause the gilet to shrink.
- Do not dry clean or wring, but reshape when damp and dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
Lambswool gilets require more of a gentle hand wash approach.
- The safest way to wash your lambswool jumper is a hand wash.
Turn your item of clothing inside out
- Submerge in a lukewarm water and a gentle wool wash product.
- Do not stretch, rub or wring the garmet.
- Rinse in lukewarm water and repeat as necessary until the water runs clear.
- It is recommended to keep the water temperature constant throughout hand washing to prevent the fibres constricting with a change in temperature.
- Gently press the wate rout and lay the garment out on a clean, dry towel.
- Roll up the towel and press to squeeze any excess water out.
- Unroll the towel and smooth the garment into its original shape
If you have a wool setting on your washing machine, you can also wash lambswool on this setting, as long as it is a low temperature and a low spin.
Schoffel has recommended this Schoffel ladies Lyndon Gilet is true to size.
However, if you wish to achieve a more fitted look you could try going down a size.
|UK||EU||US||INT||To fit a chest size of||To fit a hip size of|
Gilets are designed to be close to the body but it is recommended there is enough room to allow a warm jumper underneath it.
Therefore, you don’t want it too tight so that it is restrictive to your movement.
Due to the versatility of gilets, they are great as an under or over layer and can create a nice feminine shape.