Men's schoffel gilet
A men’s Schoffel gilet is the perfect addition to any gentleman’s wardrobe. Whether it’s for city or country life, winter or summer, Schoffel’s supreme quality means it will look as good as new for years to come.
Schoffel Oakham Gilet
A sleeveless Fleece Gilet is a perfect option for when you need extra movement in the arms.
This body warming option can be used for field sports as it gives you a warming layer but gives you room in the arms for extra lift.buy now
Get the look
Frequently asked questions
Most Schoffel gilets are machine washable.
Individual care instructions can be found on the label inside the garment.
Schoffel’s premium fleece gilets deserve the correct care in order for it to last a long time. They can be machine washable at max 40 degrees, and it is best to avoid the tumble drier, to protect the Alcantara trim.
Merino Wool Gilets
Merino wool should be washed on a delicate machine wash with similar colours, at no more than 40 degrees. Merino wool likes to be stored flat, to help retain its shape.
- Do not tumble dry when washing merino wool, as this may cause the gilet to shrink.
- Do not dry clean or wring, but reshape when damp and dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
Lambswool gilets require more of a gentle hand wash approach.
- The safest way to wash your lambswool jumper is a hand wash.
Turn your item of clothing inside out
- Submerge in a lukewarm water and a gentle wool wash product.
- Do not stretch, rub or wring the garmet.
- Rinse in lukewarm water and repeat as necessary until the water runs clear.
- It is recommended to keep the water temperature constant throughout hand washing to prevent the fibres constricting with a change in temperature.
- Gently press the wate rout and lay the garment out on a clean, dry towel.
- Roll up the towel and press to squeeze any excess water out.
- Unroll the towel and smooth the garment into its original shape
If you have a wool setting on your washing machine, you can also wash lambswool on this setting, as long as it is a low temperature and a low spin.
When purchasing the men’s Schoffel Oakham gilet please bear in mind the cut of this garment is generous.
For example, if your chest measures 42” we suggest you buy a size 40.
Please Note: These items come up larger than normal, this is reflected in the size guide below. These items are a straight cut and will measure similar around the chest, waist, and hem.
|UK||EU||US||International||To fit a chest size of|
Often gentlemen choose to wear a Schoffel gilet with a smart shirt and chinos, making it great for outings that have a smart casual dress code.
As gilets can be worn during every season, it is a perfect layer for summer evenings on the beach. Worn over a t-shirt and paired with shorts and deck shoes.
In the winter, Schoffel gilets are often worn as a layer underneath a coat and for extra warmth over a thick jumper. The men’s Schoffel Oakham fleece gilet can be zipped into the Schoffel men’s Ptarmigan coats.
Finally, one of the key features of the gilet is the zip pockets, which means you can safely store all your valuables.